Are Dermal Fillers Right for You?
As time goes by, visible signs of aging begin to emerge in the four dominant structures of your face. Mainly bone, muscle, fat, and skin. Bone loss can lead to shifts in your jawline, chin, and nose. Muscle loses elasticity and volume, and the skin stretches, causing sagging and wrinkles. This compound effect lead to the research and testing of several injectable materials to help reverse the process and provide a more youthful appearance. Although variations of injectables can be traced back to the 1890s, today, they are known as dermal fillers. This popular, cost-effective facial rejuvenation treatment is the choice of more than one million men and women each year.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are gel-like products injected beneath the skin to enhance facial contours, smooth lines and restore volume lost over time.
Where Can Dermal Fillers Be Used?
- Beneath the eyes
- Lines around the nose and mouth
- Recessed cheeks and temples
- Vertical lip lines
- Chin crease
What Are They Made Of?
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved a variety of products that are only available through a certified medical professional.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) a naturally occurring substance found in your skin.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHa) a naturally occurring substance found in your bones.
- Poly-L-lactic Acid isa synthetic substance that is both biocompatible (safe for your body) and biodegradable.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) is a synthetic substance that is biocompatible and has been used in medicine for several decades.
- Autologous Fat is fat that is transplanted from other areas of your body.
Which Filler Is Right for Me?
With so many options available on the market, it can be challenging to know which filler is right for you. Every person is unique, and each product works better in different areas and can last six to eighteen months or longer, depending on several factors. Your doctor will discuss each of these with you during your pre-treatment consultation.
At Fenton Family Dentistry, we will work closely with you to determine the best product and technique and prescribe a unique treatment to exceed your expectations. We are focused on providing every patient with exceptional service and look forward to seeing you! Contact us with questions and schedule your appointment today.