Are Specialty Dentures Right For Me?
The most common cause of losing one, several, or all of your natural teeth is decay (cavities), closely followed by gum and bone disease or injury. Smokers triple their risk of gum disease over non-smokers. Dry mouth from medications can increase your risk of tooth decay. A mere 13.5% of Americans floss every day, allowing for bacterial build-up. Losing even one tooth can cause shifting in the surrounding teeth affecting your ability to chew and adequately clean the affected area. No matter the reason for tooth loss, there are options. Let’s take a look at why millions of Americans choose specialty dentures.
What Are They?
Specialty dentures, also known as partial dentures, are an affordable, non-invasive alternative to dental implants. Similar to a dental bridge, they are designed to replace a section of teeth and fit over existing natural or implanted teeth, attached by small fittings. Advancements in technology have resulted in models that are lightweight and simulate the look and feel of natural teeth.
What Are The Benefits?
Missing teeth can affect more than the way you look. If you’re missing teeth in any section of your mouth, you may experience several adverse side effects that specialty dentures can help alleviate.
- Eat your favorite foods without difficulty.
- Speak more clearly.
- Avoid surgical procedures that may be necessary with other tooth replacement options.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Retain a healthy appearance without the sunken facial appearance that can be associated with tooth loss.
What Is The Process?
- First, we listen. Your consultation with our staff will ensure we make the recommendation that best suits your needs.
- Next, we will examine the affected area(s) and take x-rays.
- Then we take an impression of your teeth to ensure a proper custom fit.
- At this point, the specialty denture is created at an off-site facility.
- Finally, we will inspect the specialty denture in place to be sure it’s a perfect fit.
The team at Fenton Family Dentistry will work closely with you throughout the entire process to be sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Learn more about your options and the next steps toward a specialty denture with a free consultation today!