Crowns & Bridges
The beauty of modern dentistry is that you have so many options. Part of your dental team’s mission is to make sure you know what they are and select the best one for you.
Missing teeth leave gaps that allow the surrounding teeth to shift, causing an awkward bite and potentially gum disease and TMJ disorders. Crowns and bridges are permanent solutions to restore or replace damaged or missing teeth. In terms of durability and aesthetics, crowns are superior to fillings. Likewise, dental bridges provide more strength than removable dentures, making them an ideal solution.
Benefits of Crowns
- Strength – They are made of high-quality material and can last fifteen years or longer, making them more durable than other dental restorations.
- Appearance – Each is molded to the tooth’s original shape, and the color is matched to the surrounding teeth to give the most aesthetically pleasing look.
- Protection – Threatened or weakened teeth restored by crowns are fortified by the most reliable material available.
Benefits of Bridges
- Strength – Similar to crowns, bridges last significantly longer than removable dentures.
- Comfort – Bridges distribute the force of your bite as you chew to make eating a pain-free experience.
- Appearance – Restored teeth look and feel better, adding confidence to your smile.
- Clarity – Restoring your dental functionality can improve speech patterns that have been altered by damaged or missing teeth. With your bridge in place, communication can flow more naturally.
- Consultation: Our dental staff will discuss your concerns, objectives, and options and answer any questions you may have
- Tooth resizing: Your tooth/teeth will need to be sized for the proper fit of your crown/bridge.
- Impression: A digital impression will be taken to allow us to design your crown.
- Coloration: The shade for your crown/bridge will be matched to your natural tooth color
- Bonding your crown: When the crown/bridge is ready, the dental staff will place it into its permanent position.
Fenton Family Dentistry strives to help our patients make the best, fully-informed decisions about their dental health. Learn more about crowns and bridges here. Dr. Nieva and the entire team at Fenton Family Dentistry are focused on providing exceptional service and care. Learn more about our practice.