Cosmetic dentistry is a personal choice, and Fenton Family Dentistry is proud to help our patients feel more confident about their smiles! Every patient—and every smile—is unique. That’s why we approach each cosmetic dentistry procedure with a combination of state-of-the-art technology and personalized attention and care.
For those who are self-conscious about tooth imperfections, cosmetic contouring is a simple, fast, painless fix. Small chips, uneven teeth, dental overlaps and bite issues can typically be fixed in less than an hour. Patients who wish to have their teeth more even in size are great candidates for this procedure. However, patients with crooked, crowded or misshapen teeth may require a more intensive procedure such as braces, bonding, veneers or other methods to get the results they desire.
Cosmetic contouring gives patients the results they desire in just about 30 minutes. Because tooth enamel has no nerves, this treatment causes no discomfort and can be completed in just one visit.
The steps toward cosmetic contouring:
- Consultation: Our dental staff will discuss your concerns, objectives, and options and answer any questions you may have
- Amalgam filling removal: If the composite filling will be replacing a metal filling, Dr. Nivea will need to remove your existing filling. The length of time for this procedure will depend on the number of fillings to remove.
- Placement of composite fillings: Dr. Nivea will bond the composite material directly to the decayed tooth, then shape it for a natural appearance that both looks and functions like your other teeth.
Tooth enamel will be thinner after this procedure, so we advise being diligent in protecting teeth from abrasive forces. Worn enamel can cause painful complications such as tooth sensitivity.
However, with good oral hygiene, cosmetic contouring should last a lifetime. A few best practices:
- Keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Check with your dentist about switching to a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Schedule regular check-ups and professional cleanings
- Avoid biting down on hard foods or other hard objects
Fenton Family Dentistry will work with you to determine the best course of action and prescribe a unique treatment that meets your needs. Dr. Nieva and the entire team at Fenton Family Dentistry are focused on providing every patient with exceptional service and care. Schedule an appointment or contact us to learn more about cosmetic fillings.
Monday 7AM -11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Tuesday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Wednesday 7AM - 11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Thursday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Friday 8AM - 2PM
552 Old Smizer Mill Road
Fenton, MO 63026