Crowns & Bridges
Dental prosthetics are a permanent way to fix a cosmetic or structural issue with the teeth. Unlike dentures, crowns and bridges can only be removed by a dentist.
For patients who are missing teeth, crowns and bridges can be an ideal, permanent solution. At Fenton Family Dentistry we believe that every patient—and every smile—is unique. We use the CEREC machine to 3D scan, design, mill and glaze crowns. This cutting-edge technology means that 95% of our patients can get a crown in a single appointment without the use of impressions or temporary fixes.
A crown is used to cover a damaged tooth, adding strength and improving the appearance or alignment of the tooth. Crowns can also be used to give implants a more natural, tooth-like shape, not only for cosmetic purposes, but for greater functionality as well. Crowns can be matched to your natural tooth color and come in a variety of materials:
Gaps left by missing teeth can cause remaining teeth to shift, causing a bad bite, and potentially leading to gum disease and TMJ disorders. A bridge protects against these problems, spanning the space left by missing teeth. As with crowns, bridges can be matched to your natural tooth color, and are available in porcelain or ceramic.
The steps toward a new crown or bridge:
- Consultation: Our dental staff will discuss your concerns, objectives, and options and answer any questions you may have
- Tooth resizing: Your tooth/teeth will need to be sized for proper fit of your crown/bridge.
- Impression: A digital impression will be taken to allow us to design your crown.
- Coloration: The shade for your crown/bridge will be matched to your natural tooth color
- Bonding your crown: When the crown/bridge is ready, dental staff will place it into its permanent position.
With good oral hygiene, crowns and bridges can last a lifetime. A few best practices:
- Keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Schedule regular check-ups and professional cleanings
- Avoid biting down on hard foods or other hard objects
Fenton Family Dentistry strives to help our patients make the best, fully-informed decisions about their dental health. Learn more about cosmetic dental procedures here. Dr. Nieva and the entire team at Fenton Family Dentistry are focused on providing every patient with exceptional service and care. Learn more about our practice.
Monday 7AM -11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Tuesday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Wednesday 7AM - 11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Thursday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Friday 8AM - 2PM
552 Old Smizer Mill Road
Fenton, MO 63026