Fenton Family Dentistry’s commitment to state-of-the-art technology and extraordinary patient care makes cosmetic dentistry a great choice for many individuals. We strive to deliver the absolute best in family dentistry, because we know each smile is special. One of the many smile-restoring options offered at Fenton Family Dentistry is the specialty denture. Specialty dentures are an affordable, non-invasive alternative to dental implants. Also known as partial dentures, specialty dentures are used to replace missing teeth that don’t necessitate the use of full dentures.
Multi-tooth gaps are the result of decay or physical trauma, among other causes. Specialty dentures, similarly to dental bridges, repair these gaps by replacing several missing teeth at once without the need for surgery. When missing teeth aren’t replaced, it causes the remaining teeth to shift, eventually leading to an altered appearance, and reduced ability to speak and chew. Fenton Family Dentistry’s thoughtful, proactive approach to patient care can resolve these issues and more.
A specialty denture is built similarly to a dental bridge. X-rays and molds are taken, and the specialty denture is manufactured based on the exact needs of the patient. Small fittings on the specialty denture attach to the surrounding healthy teeth, fixing the denture in place. Once installed, both natural function and a happy, healthy smile is restored.
Specialty dentures are available in several different materials, including plastic and metal. Like complete dentures, specialty dentures are removable and replaceable. This means proper cleaning is made easier, while maintaining a natural chewing ability and appearance.
The steps toward specialty dentures:
- Consultation: Our dental staff will discuss your tooth replacement needs, and make recommendations based on what kind of specialty denture best suits you.
- Examination: We will closely examine any gaps left behind by missing or removed teeth, and the condition of the surrounding teeth.
- Impression: An impression of your teeth will be taken to ensure a proper, custom fit.
- Creation: Once the examination and impression is complete, the specialty denture is built offsite to your exact specifications.
- Fitting: Upon completion, the specialty denture is then placed in the mouth, and checked for a proper fit. After inspection by our dental staff, the specialty denture is ready for use.
As with your natural teeth, specialty dentures require upkeep and care. A few best practices:
- Brush after each meal
- Floss regularly
- Clean and soak the denture daily
- Schedule regular check-ups and professional cleanings
Fenton Family Dentistry will work with you to determine the best course of action for your dental issue and prescribe a unique treatment that meets your needs. Learn more about cosmetic dental procedures here. Dr. Nieva and the entire team at Fenton Family Dentistry are focused on providing every patient with exceptional service and care. Schedule your free consultation today.