Fenton Family Dentistry combines the latest technology with the highest standards of patient care, so that you can achieve your best smile. The decision to have cosmetic dentistry performed is an important choice, and we pride ourselves in giving you the best possible results. Teeth whitening is an effective, convenient way to restore natural brightness to your smile.
As tooth enamel is lost over time, and daily activity causes staining, teeth become discolored or yellowed. Even with regular brushing, flossing, and semi-annual professional cleanings, consuming certain foods and beverages will cause discoloration of the teeth. Certain medications and medical treatments can exacerbate the issue, causing further discoloration at an accelerated rate. Teeth whitening reverses this process and enhances the appearance of the teeth for years to come.
Though there are several teeth whitening methods available, they differ greatly in their effectiveness. Fenton Family Dentistry’s professional teeth whitening process can dramatically improve the appearance of teeth in a few short visits or less. Brightness improvements of six shades or more are common.
The steps toward teeth whitening:
- Consultation: Our dental staff will discuss your smile and appearance goal, and explain the whitening process in detail.
- Examination: We will closely examine the current color of your teeth, to be compared to the final result.
- Cleaning: Your teeth and gums will then be professionally cleaned, setting the stage for the best possible result.
- Gum protection: A thin layer of protective material is applied to your gums, so that the whitening agents only come into contact with your teeth.
- Brightening: The brightening substance is then applied to your teeth. The agent is removed in less than an hour in most cases.
- Repeat procedure: For some patients, it’s necessary to repeat the whitening process multiple times, in order to get the desired result.
Immediately following treatment, it’s common for some patients to notice temporary tooth sensitivity. This usually fades in a matter of hours. Once your teeth have been whitened, upkeep is important. A few best practices:
- Brush and floss regularly
- Schedule regular check-ups and professional cleanings
- Avoid darkly colored beverages, tobacco products, and hard candy.
Fenton Family Dentistry will work with you to determine the best course of action for your dental issue and prescribe a unique treatment that meets your needs. Learn more about cosmetic dental procedures here. Dr. Nieva and the entire team at Fenton Family Dentistry are focused on providing every patient with exceptional service and care. Schedule your free consultation today.
Monday 7AM -11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Tuesday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Wednesday 7AM - 11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Thursday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Friday 8AM - 2PM
552 Old Smizer Mill Road
Fenton, MO 63026