Veneers are an outstanding way to improve the appearance your teeth, as well as correct imperfections that result from environmental and genetic factors.
Through normal wear and tear (eating, drinking, brushing), teeth become discolored, chipped, and worn down. Additionally, many people are born with gapped, misshapen, or warped teeth. Plastic or porcelain veneers are a long-term solution for all these issues. This procedure can have a profound impact on the way you look, and Fenton Family Dentistry has the experience, and attention to detail to ensure your veneers are applied properly.
A veneer is placed over the tooth, and bonded with an adhesive, instantly improving the look and feel of your smile. Unlike other procedures, getting porcelain or plastic veneers is a custom-tailored upgrade for your smile.
There are two main kinds of veneers: porcelain and plastic. The most common variety is made of porcelain. These often last for 10 years or more with proper care and are usually produced off-site by a specialist, after a mold is taken of your teeth. Plastic veneers, also known as composite veneers, are very similar appearance but differ in longevity and how they’re made. This type is often produced same-day and put in place right away.
The steps toward a new set of veneers:
- Consultation: Our dental staff will discuss what your smile and appearance goal is, and make recommendations based on what kind of veneer best suits you.
- Examination: We will closely examine the current condition of your teeth to determine what veneer material and color best suits you.
- Impression: An impression of your teeth will be taken to ensure a truly custom fit.
- Creation of the veneers: If you choose the porcelain material, your veneers will then be developed offsite, which can take up to two weeks. Plastic and composite veneers are developed on-site, and typically take just one day.
- Shaping: Porcelain veneers require the manual shaping of the teeth, which means around 1.5mm of material will be removed from each tooth.
- Final procedure: Once the veneers have been created and the teeth prepared, the veneers are placed on with an adhesive.
As with your natural teeth, veneers require upkeep and care. A few best practices:
- Brush and floss regularly
- Schedule regular check-ups and professional cleanings
- Avoid biting down on hard foods or other hard objects
Fenton Family Dentistry will work with you to determine the best course of action for your dental issue and prescribe a unique treatment that meets your needs. Learn more about cosmetic dental procedures here. Dr. Nieva and the entire team at Fenton Family Dentistry are focused on providing every patient with exceptional service and care. Schedule your free consultation today.
Monday 7AM -11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Tuesday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Wednesday 7AM - 11AM & 12PM - 4PM
Thursday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 6PM
Friday 8AM - 2PM
552 Old Smizer Mill Road
Fenton, MO 63026